12.16.2008

two and a quarter

This may be a silly date to recognize, but today Rob and I have been married for 2 years and three months.

In the last 24 hours I have been realizing through various examples what a fragile thing a truly good relationship is, and I do not take one moment of the last twenty-seven months for granted. Each day we share on good terms is a gift that I want to be aware of more and more. I've seen and heard of so many marriages that have fallen apart either outwardly (legal divorce) or inwardly (legally married, but divorced in every other way), and I know that my marriage is not immune to the attacks of the enemy. Only by pure grace do we both want to love each other and be conduits* to each other of the grace that we have been the recipients of.

Today, I am asking for another two and a quarter years with Rob, even though I don't deserve it based on anything I have done, and neither does he. But I proceed forward knowing that our relationship- past, present, and future, is a blood-bought mercy, based on the righteousness that we have in Christ. And on that basis, I ask for MORE. More sweet times, more tough times, more to learn by, more to grow through, more opportunities to be patient, kind, loving, and tenderhearted... more laughter, and even more tears. I'll take it all, with no reservations.

Cuz I can't get enough of you, Baby!




* a general term for a means of conveying something [grace] from one location [God] to another [Rob]

3 comments:

Erica said...

I like seeing the deepness of trust that develops and that we learn through the months and years...cheers to 2 years and 3 months!

Michele Ahl wrote this on our wedding picture that we had people sign and there is much depth to it

"Marriage is not only eating the fettuccine but sharing the burden of choosing the restaurant" :)

Unknown said...

Such a sweet post :) I love that picture of you guys!

sethswifeforlife said...

Happy Happy for you & Rob. May God grant you years and years of togetherness in every way!
blessings to you, dear!